Building a safer environment.
Under the COVID-19 Standard for New Zealand Construction Operations, construction related operations working under COVID-19 Alert Levels 1 and above must have measures in place to meet health and safety, physical distancing, and sanitising requirements.
COVID-19: Building and construction sector guidance
The New Zealand COVID-19 Construction Protocols
As part of the minimum requirements, increased disinfecting/sanitising is required as follows:
Leaving Site or Place of Work
- For each site and work location commonly used areas and surfaces where workers may have come in contact with are to be cleaned and sanitised at the end of the working day or at the end of each shift.
Any business, workplace,or site that has had a worker with a positive COVID-19 diagnoses must prevent any person entering the workplace or conducting work activities and must complete the following:
- Gather information to identify those who have worked at the location or shared machinery, plant, materials or equipment with that person.
- Clean and sanitise all site surfaces and equipment
The Vivotec Solution:
- Vivotec’s range of Electrostatic Misters and ULV foggers coupled with fast acting disinfectants provide a rapid an effective means of regularly sanitising to comply with required protocols. Disinfectant misting reduces the time required to disinfect a typical area by approx 70% compared to traditional spraying and wiping, while also providing much more complete coverage with 65% less disinfectant use, greatly reducing labour and consumable costs.
- Due to the low amount of airborne mist, Electrostatic sprayers are the best option for use where regular disinfection is required, and other people may be present during the process. Electrostatic misting also has a 3D wrap around effect giving all around coverage of items such as hand-rails, scaffolding, tools/equipment etc without having to spray or wipe from multiple different angles to get coverage as with traditional methods
- The VP200ES Cordless Electrostatic hand-held sprayer and Vivo- DIGIPRO Cordless are perfect for onsite disinfecting of smaller spaces, vehicles, lunch areas & tables, entry points, tools and equipment, toilet facilities, desks, chairs and office equipment. The VP200 also comes in a versatile soft sided storage bag for added convenience and damage protection on construction sites. Disinfectant coverage of approx. 260m2 per 1L tank fill.
- For end of day clean, and sanitising of larger areas the VP300ES cordless electrostatic backpack sprayer or the VIVO-MAX / VIVO-DUOMAX ULV foggers could be good options, giving over 2200m2 of disinfectant coverage per tank fill.
- The VIVO-CENTRO offers a solution for broad coverage disinfecting of large areas. With a high-pressure centrifugal fan atomiser providing a spraying distance of over 30m it is ideal for rapid disinfectant coverage from ground level of large-scale internal structures such as scaffold setups.
VIVO-ECO is typically not recommended for construction sites due to lack of portability and potential trip hazard from extension leads.
- Vivotec’s Klorsept NaDCC is ideal for this application. The effervescent tablets provide a very effective, fast acting, yet economical and easy to use solution which doesn’t require special measuring or mixing procedures – simply add the required number of tablets per litre of tap water, let them dissolve for a few minutes then go get the job done.
Due to their non-toxic nature, NaDCC disinfectants are safe for application around people and applicator PPE is not required, unless there is high concentration of airborne mist, in which case respiratory protection is desirable to avoid possible nasal irritation.
Important Note: To avoid surface tarnishing or streaking, NaDCC disinfectants are not recommended for use on brass, copper, marble, exposed raw steel/cast iron or zinc coatings. See data sheet for full materials compatibility.